Morels are in season and Pacific Northwest specialty. Our spring has been wet enough for an abundance of mushrooms, unlike last year so I have been playing with the local fungi. Our sugar snap plants are bursting with pods, so this recipe is perfectly seasonal. It is time for the next round of preserved lemons: don't forget to make several jars for grilling season!
- 2 tbsp. unsalted butter or duck fat
- 1 shallot, roughly chopped
- 8 oz. fresh morels, cleaned and trimmed
- 8 oz. snow peas, trimmed and sliced
- 8 oz. sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 tbsp. minced preserved lemon peel
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
1- Heat butter or fat in a skillet over medium-high. Cook shallot 1 minute. Add morels and cook 2 minutes.
2- Add snow and snap peas; cook until bright.
3- Add lemon peel. Stir in mint, preserved lemon, and salt. Plate, serve and relish!