At the beginning of the week I make a big batch of cabbage slaw to throw together lunches for us during the week with what every leftovers we have. That way making lunch in the morning is relatively painless and I never have to try to find food when I am away from home. There are a thousand variations on slaw. Be creative! Add sliced snow peas, a sprinkle or roasted cumin, ginger, grated zucchini… wow, whole new recipes are emerging!
- 5 cups of shredded cabbage (red, green, savoy or a combination of them)
- 2 green onions
- 3 or 4 sprigs of cilantro
- 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- a pinch of salt and pepper to taste
Julienne the green onion and chop the cilantro. Mix everything in a bowl together.
Refrigerate what you don’t eat right away and enjoy it for several days with lunch of dinner.