This is a favorite no egg variation of the congee style soup I shared previously. Of course you can add egg to it to give it a plethora of flavor and nutrition.
Having frozen shrimp in the freezer is a must for us in this area where shrimp are local abundant and delicious.
A slow cooker is an amazing thing! My lovely sister gave me one for the holidays last year and now all our broths are now made in it and can cook for days. If you are struggling with making enough broths to have on hand the slow cooker is the answer.
To make seasoned ground pork:
- 1 lb of pork
- 1 tbs of granulated or 4 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 tsp of apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of salt
- Mix all ingredients together well. Keep it in serving size containers in the freezer
Tricks to making breakfast easy:
- prepare all the chopped veggies the night or days before
- fry plenty of garlic in oil for dishes like this (yummy) and have it on hand
- prepare seasoned pork in advance, keep in the freezer & thaw over night
- have plenty of frozen HOMEMADE broth in your freezer
- 2 cups of Asian chicken broth
- 1/2 sliced onion
- 1/4 lb of seasoned ground pork 1/2 a small sweet onion
- 1/4 lb cleaned shrimp fresh or thawed
- 2 tbs red boat fish sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Fried garlic
- Green onions
- Bring the broth to a boil. Add the onion slices.
- Make pork into small balls as you drop them into the boiling liquid. They will rise when they are cooked.
- Drop the shrimp into soup and immediately turn the heat off. Season, put into bowls and serve with garnishes. Have an amazing day after such a perfect breakfast!