Another savory soup we love for breakfast is filled with the richness of liver. Designed after soup noodles, it skips the sugary rice component.
Eating organ meats with your muscle meat is a must in order to get the full benefit of the micronutrients in our food. In most countries we eat the whole animal (whole foods, folks!) and this dish is VERY complete with bone broth and liver, and delicious!
The recipe below is for 2 people. Feel free to double it or triple it depending on your family size. Red Boat fish sauce is a must in this dish. It’s the only fish sauce I have found with out sugar in it.
- 2 cups of Thai chicken broth (under soups and stews) with some of the meat returned to the broth
- 1/4 lb liver pureed in a food processor
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- salt to taste
- garnish possibilities:
- julienned ginger
- chopped cilantro
- chopped green onion
- dried shrimp
- fried garlic
- Heat broth and chicken in pot at a medium heat until lightly boiling. While the broth is heating, puree the liver in a food processor
- Pour the pureed liver into the broth slowly while stirring. Turn the heat to low and cook for 2 or 3 minutes. Add fish sauce and salt to taste.
- Serve in portion size bowls and garnish to taste.