- 1 medium head of caulifower cut into medium sized pieces
- 2 turnips cut into medium sized pieces
- 4 tbs butter or fat
- salt to taste
- 1 cup of water for cooking
- Place vegetables in a covered pot with water. The vegetables will be steamed so they will not be covered by the water. Cook at medium heat for about 40 minutes stirring occasionally to keep from sticking on the bottom until fork tender. Add a bit of water if it runs dry.
- Place the veggies with the remaining liquid in a bowl or the pitcher of a blender. Add the fat and mash with a masher or hand blender until smooth. Salt to taste. Eat as a side or use in dishes that call for mashed potatoes.